The 817 Companion app is dedicated to all the proud owners and users of the Yaesu 817 amateur radio.
The Yaesu 817 is a fantastic radio but has some faults. One of those is the very small display.
But not only!
The 817 Companion will put your little radio on steroids but adding:
- logging possibilities (with ADIF and CSV export)
- automatic eQSL sending (as soon as you log a QSO, the app sends the eQSL)
- automatic query to QRZ.com to fill in data (name, QTH, locator)
- automatic calculation of the distance and bearing
- automatic frequency scanning up or down from 1Hz to 100Mhz at the time 🙂
- a beautiful audio spectrum/waterfall with touch QSY
- antenna tuning with a single press of a display button
- real time DX Cluster spots with touch QSY, filtering and alerts!
- and more…
To make the app communicate with the Yaesu 817, you need a USB CAT cable with an OTG USB cable adapter (and an Android phone supporting OTG), or a Bluetooth CAT wireless serial adapter.
You can get the app here:
For any request of information and support contact us at:
72/73 Andrea IU4APC