The installation of the 817 Panadapter Kit is very simple.
The kit is compatible with the Yaesu 817, 857 and 897.
Here’s a video showing the steps (thanks as usual to Julian OH8GEJ for recording it):
Here are the steps to be taken for the installation:
- Open the radio and localize the filter slot. In the Yaesu 817 only one is available. In the 857 and 897 multiple slots are available.
- Install the kit in the filter slot making sure that you are installing it in the right direction.
- Place the audio out cable (with 3.5 fame jack) so that it can be accessed from outside the radio box when you’ll close the radio cover.
- Connect power to the other cable is for the power. The kit can be powered with 8v-15v. We suggest you to use the internal battery (for the 817/857) to power it. Remember that black cable is the negative.
- Enable the filter in the radio menu. Usually it works by setting the filter to SSB but sometimes it may require to be set to CW. Firstly try with SSB.
- Close the radio
Now you can connect a stereo (male-male) cable from the panadapter kit audio out to your PC/Mac/Tablet/Smartphone audio in.
For the 817 Companion Android app make sure that you are using a tablet/smartphone that has an audio in port. Many devices embed the audio in port in the earphones jack port and you need an audio in/out splitter to make it available.
A description of how this cable is done can be found here:
If you have any problem with it, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
72/73 Andrea IU4APC